Office of Planning, Analysis, and Budget
Craig Prestenbach, Budget Officer and Chief
The Office of Planning, Analysis, and Budget (OPAB) performs planning, analysis, and budget functions for OSMRE. OPAB:
- Supports the development of the Department of the Interior's strategic plan;
- Collects, reviews, and reports annual regulatory and reclamation program accomplishment data;
- Analyzes trends in domestic coal production and reclamation progress;
- Carries out the formulation, presentation, and execution of OSMRE's budget; and
- Coordinates internal control and other program assessment reviews, in accordance with Executive Orders and Departmental initiatives.