The U.S. Department of the Interior and the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement's mission is to protect America’s natural resources and heritage, honors our cultures and tribal communities, and supplies the energy to power our future.
To provide outstanding management of the natural and cultural resources entrusted to us in a manner that is sustainable, equitable, accessible, and inclusive of all populations.
Links for more information:
- DOI EJ Website
- DOI Strategic Plan (pdf)
- Environmental Compliance Memorandum (ECM 95-3) (pdf)
- Memorandum of Understanding on Environmental Justice and Executive Order 12898 (pdf)
- Executive Order 12898 (pdf)
- CEQ-Environmental Justice Guidance Under the National Environmental Policy Act (pdf)
- Environmental Justice Resource Guide (pdf)
- Environmental Justice Contact Directory (pdf)
- Title VI, Federal Environmental Justice Interagency Working Group (IWG) website