NTTP's self-study courses are a convenient way to learn key information at your own pace — our self-study courses fit into your schedule. Simply request the course information, study the material, and answer the questions.
Basic Inspection Workbook
In this course you will learn about inspection and enforcement aspects of regulatory programs. The workbook is designed for use in conjunction with applicable regulatory program requirements.
Adobe PDF, available upon request.
Hard-copy Binder, available upon request.
- Overview of Surface Mining Activities
- Inspection Responsibilities
- Enforcement Responsibilities
- Blasting Standards
Please see course description for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is this course for?
- This course is primary aimed at new inspectors with less than six months of surface mining experience
Can I take this course for free?
- Yes, there is no fee for this self-study course. You can complete this course at your own pace.
Can I get a course certificate?
- Yes, upon completion, you will need to certify that you have completed all course materials and a certificate of completion will be provided.
What resources will I need for this class?
- All materials for the class will be provided upon request.
To obtain the course materials, please contact:
Fred Cruise, Technical Training Program Specialist
Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement (OSMRE)
National Technical Training Program
Phone: (202) 208-2623, Fax: (202) 219-3111